Field Guide Training
All training can be done on the lodge / reserve premises with existing equipment – ensuring efficiency and on-the-job learning in a discreet and professional manner. Training can be done once-off, or a periodic basis. External Training venues/camps are also available. External Training venues / camps are also available.
- FGASA Training & Assessments
- FGASA Field Guide (Level 1)
- FGASA Advanced Field Guide (Level 2)
- FGASA Specialist Guide (Level 3)
- FGASA Advanced Rifle Handling
- FGASA Back-up & Lead Trails Guide
- FGASA Special Exam sitting
- FGASA Exam and Assessment Preparation Workshops
- Head Guide Training– specifically aimed at newly promoted Head or Senior Guides, assisting with staff management and company systems
- General Knowledge refreshers & workshops
- “Secret Shopper” experience– giving expert advice on areas to improve and assisting with facilitation of these improvements through training & workshops
- Guest Relations Skills – Including dealing with difficult guests, children and VIP Guests
- On-going rifle refresher training – Ensuring the guiding teams rifle handling skills are kept sharp
- Game drive etiquette– including approaching game and dangerous animals & ethical guiding
- Legal Requirements– ensuring the guiding team are legally complaint
- Team Building Exercises / Outings
- First Aid & First Aid Refresher Courses(Dept. of Labour recognized) – done on site
- 4 x 4 Training & Courses (TETA Recognized) – with a qualified and registered 4×4 facilitator: ensuring maximum comfort and guest safety. Courses vary from one day workshops to three days of intensive 4×4 certified courses. Different options are available, so please contact us for a package which best suits your needs.
During the year of 2016 we as Rukiya safari camp have used the guiding services of Nightjar training, consulting & guiding on a few separate occasions.
As the head guide of Rukiya, I am extremely happy with the professionalism and ethics that Charles Delport conducts himself with and can recommend him and the services that Nightjar training, consulting & guiding provides to others. Our guests spoke highly of him and thoroughly enjoyed their experience. A big thank you to the management and staff of Nightjar training, consulting & guiding.Conraad Loubser